I learned some unexpected lessons since I began the Experience Institute in August.
A few unexpected lessons:
1. Trying new things shifted my perspective on old routines
2. Changing to be what other people want does not always lead to the job/apprenticeship
3. Having a single place to stay is really important to me
4. Most people, friends and strangers, want to be kind
5. It’s scary to start new adventures, but so is doing the same thing forever.
6. There will always be advice and opinions—sometimes too many
7. Finding confidence in myself trumps evolving into someone better
8. A mistake is something I can laugh about later
9. Pick my teammates—and make sure they’re adding to my team.
10. Add to the world what I feel is missing
You can read about the secret benefits of an Experience Institute year here: